Sunday, October 17, 2010

staycabamoon

This weekend we had plans. The Peanut was all set up to spend the night with her Aunt and the husband and I were setting sail on the ferry to visit friends we haven't seen in a few years and spend some quality couple time. I believe that the cool kids call this a baby moon.

Unfortunately my friend's significant other became ill, bed ridden and contagious and our weekend trip was cancelled.

Not to worry, we decided to go the stay cation route or to combine the two as one of my friends put it a staycabamoon. I think it has a nice ring to it, it could catch on. The Peanut was dropped off at Aunties and the Husband and I spent the day in blissfull coupledom; window shopping along Main Street, eating out with no interruptions and conversing about adult things. Even sitting out on a sunny patio enjoying a cold beverage. And we managed to avoid talking exclusively about the Peanut for large chunks of time. I neglected to bring my camera with me so there is no photographic evidence of our day but sometimes it's good to be in the moment.

Of course, at the end of the day I think we both were missing our little dinosaur lover. This morning, instead of dozing past my usual morning wake up time, (which consists of the Peanut stomping from her room into ours like a T-Rex, climbing up into bed with me to explain a fun and educational dinosaur fact and then announcing that she is hungry) I was up and awake at 6. To compensate, after a quick breakfast I've crawled back into bed to write this post, read emails and catch up on all the blog posts I missed yesterday.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Rue said...

Too bad about the missed getaway to your friend's house, but nice that you got some alone time - even if you did wake up early.

Isn't it so true that when we are looking forward to quiet time - things sometimes seem too quiet?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts