Friday, October 1, 2010

And suns grow meek, and the meek suns grow brief, And the year smiles as it draws near its death. - William Cullen Bryant, October



Yup! October is hear and if it wasn't for the summer like temperatures and the need to mow the lawn; the need to fix the lawn mower because one of my first Bronze figures fell out of a tree and was run over by the mower resulting in an arm amputation and a mauled mower blade, and the request by the Peanut to bring out her slip and slide every day It would really feel like the wheel of the year was turning.

Thankfully there's some autumn love going on in the blogosphere starting with Mrs. B's 31 Days of Halloween. Last year I participated with a give-away during the celebrations on her blog. Up for grabs was my Ghost Moon photograph. It's one of my favourite photographs in my Etsy shop; it's just such a beautiful image with it's dark rich night sky, gossamer clouds and the man in the moon stepping outside of his moon home to go for a walk.

This year I decided to participate by doing a guest post on her blog and I'm so excited to a part of the fun again. I'll let you know when the guest post goes live. Maybe I'll even have a little something special posted here that day too to keep up with the celebration.

In the meantime the Peanut and I will be digging out the skeletons, ghosts and bats to adorn the house. We'll be headed out the door to collect some leaves for rubbings and to enjoy the hot autumn sunshine as it passes through the canopy of leaves above and reflects off the rushing water in the stream along side the path I stumbled upon a few days ago while on my after dinner walk. There's nothing like setting foot into a cool forest.

For those of you who are wondering about the husband's and my collaboration I'll post again on how things are going. to hold you over, here's a sneak peak at some of the newest pieces in our collection. In all honesty the photograph doesn't do these justice. I'll be spending time with the camera soon to try and capture the feeling of fire and ice that are embodied within each one.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts