Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Query:

So I'm sitting on the couch with the husband watching TV. This is not a regular eventing activity for us as a couple, husband has lots on the go, music practice, electronics hobby and a recent collaboration we've been working on usually keeps our evenings running on separate tracks with my time being used for daily decompression, working on the odd project, blogging, or watching TV by myself. (this is actually great, I never have to fight for the remote) So Monday night and Heroes is almost like a date night for us.

Getting back to what I started out with. We're watching TV and this beer commercial comes on. I've seen it before, and dismissed it but something about the ad kind of struck me tonight. Well a joke the husband made about the punch line which is something like "Take the best day of your life and put it in your mouth" Husband laughs and makes his joke and I started to think about what constitutes the best day of your life.

So I'm asking you:
Is the best day of your life the one where everything, absolutely everything was perfect, from start to finish

or

is the best day of your life the day when some major milestone happens: the day you graduated highschool/college/Uni, the day you met the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, the day you get married, the day your child is born?

How would you quantify the best day of your life?

4 comments:

cabin + cub said...

oooh that is a hard one.... i have to choose? and only one day?... i like to rename it the best days of my life, since i am so indecisive. :)

Rue said...

I have a best day everytime my neices and I really connect. Like singing in the car, or laughing until we snort, or having really great talk, and they 'get it.'

They just rock my world.

Bridgett said...

For me, the best times are the times you don't even REALIZE are the best times as they're happening.

It's when you're looking back and you realize, "wow, that was an incredible day...why didn't I realize as it was happening?"

Of course, the day I had both my children are obviously super important to me too.

There are lots of 'important' days in my life...but like I said, the best days happen when a whole bunch of little things happen which just make me glow from the inside.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i've been through some really bad things in life and what i learned from them is....don't waste a day! i try to have a good day as often as possible. i accomplish this almost every day. i look at my children, who are now adults, and i feel so lucky that i still get to see them every day and they are healthy and happy. life's too short. we should enjoy as much of it as possible!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts