Monday, March 15, 2010

You'd think we were tearing her limb from limb

It's not easy to get a three year old out of a place she's having fun at. Lesson learned have the what's going to happen when it's time to leave talk a few times before you even get there. But oh the blood curdling "you are ruining my life" screams coupled with the dime sized crocodile tears...

This weekend we did a jam session BBQ at our good friends place. Good food, good music (he wrote a beautiful song for her for their 23rd wedding anniversary) and great conversation always makes for a great night. The only draw back was the Peanut's response to the news that it was time to go home...

Last week I was fighting a nice little stomach bug. I had thought that it was something I ate but really not so much. So I was tired all week long, had little to no appetite and was running around getting things packaged and mailed. So not a whole lot got done. I managed to make dinner every night and a load of laundry did get done here and there. The bug made it's exit for Saturday, just in time for BBQ steak and prawns, rice and corn and a crisp green salad. We supplied pie.

Yesterday the husband treated us to brunch and then took himself and the Peanut out for the afternoon. I got some painting done and and I'm looking forward to sharing the new project I've been working on. I'm hoping to share soon.

2 comments:

Rue said...

It doesn't matter how much you explain the leaving pre-leaving-time. It's never fun. My neices used to make me crazy whenever I had to get them home. It was like the world was ending. But they do grow out of it - believe it or not. Eventually...

Bridgett said...

My kids are just the opposite. Well, Parker, anyway. He's always raring to get out of wherever we are. LOL

He's definitely a homebody for sure.

Autumn can put up a bit of a fuss, but it's never been too bad, thank goodness.

XO

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts