Monday, November 3, 2008

All things sleep

I've been having crazy dreams lately. My dreams are pretty weird to begin with; with strange twists and turns and engaging story lines, but lately these have an added anxiety component. There's also the increase in activity at my work table lately. I've been making cards, paintings, and ATC's and I think a part of me wants to keep at it past my bedtime. The drive to make things and post them on Etsy is giving me a bit of the looming deadline for that big art history paper feeling, hence the increased anxiety.

Despite all my best efforts I've been unable to make it through a full nights sleep without having to get up for one thing or another. Last night was particularly bad. The Peanut fell out of bed and was pretty freaked out about it around 1:30. At 3:30 she woke up again. Not too much sleep for me last night. Good thing yesterday was my day to sleep in.

In anticipation for the time change we'd been altering The Peanut's bedtime so that we wouldn't have to be awake at 5:30 in the morning with the switch. To my chagrin I found that 9 times out of 10 during the last week, she was still getting up at 6 instead of 7 as our plan had called for. As October passed and her bedtime grew later and later and her wake up time stayed pretty much the same we've decided that next year we'd do what we did last year; grin and bear it for a few days until she gets on track.

In the meantime I'm posting some of the things I've been working on lately to pretty this entry up, seeing as how I'm unable to photograph my dreams with the considerable lack of technology.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts