Friday, January 29, 2010

Pull out all the stops

I'm not a fashionista (I've never been sure about that word) I don't wash my face on a daily basis, my hair is often left unbrushed and make up only seems to touch my face on special occasions.

I do colour my hair on a semi regular basis ( I let the roots and the now abundant silver grow in until it's the only thing I see and then out comes the colour); but other than that I'm just not that keen on primping and preening which is kind of a weekness for me and also kind of a strength I suppose. I don't fret too much about how I look and if I break a nail well then I guess it's time to trim them.

Lately with the blues hanging around I've been putting more thought into my personal appearance, I coloured my hair last night (yup the roots were a good 2 inches long) and I've started moisturizing the face and adding a little shadow when we head outside and I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday (they were a cute little pair of bubblegum pink Airwalk Kicks) but they are new shoes and that has got to count for something. I'm sure this new found interest in will start to wane soon enough. It usually does...

6 comments:

Piggy said...

That's interesting. I am not a fashionista too. But I wash my face and put makeup everyday too as I need to look my best for my day job. Nevertheless I have messy hair and I never blow dry before going to bed...

I should really start paying attention to my appearance. :)

God Bless
Alice

mermaiden said...

sometimes you just need that little extra boost to feel better about yourself, or to remind yourself that you're important too and deserve some special attention!
(as i look in the mirror, my hair could certainly use a coloring and those dark circles are hollerin')

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

I always leave my roots until they're really obvious....right now, in fact, they're about seven inches long haha.


I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog!
http://www.caffeinatedfrenzy.blogspot.com

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i think it is great that you can be happy with yourself just the way you are. those soup bowls will be the next giveaway and will be up on the blog tomorrow when i announce the current winner!!!

Shawn said...

Is the male equivalent to a 'fashionista' a 'fashionisto'?

In any case, I'm not one, and never have been.

:--)

Bridgett said...

When I was in high school...and had permed hair to my butt...I could spend HOURS getting ready each morning.

Now...I'm lucky if I decide to comb my hair . Mommyhood does that to you, I'm convinced. LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts