Monday, December 29, 2008

I can fly

I dream of flying, not often, but I do dream of flying. coasting on air currents, swooping, diving, gliding. watching the land drop away as I rise, speeding over the edge of a cliff and out over the water. I fly joyfully and with ease and concentration. I think one of the best things would be to lift off and fly. Dreams when I can lift off are my favourites and I'm glad I am able to remember them.

I love watching birds fly. One day a few years ago I sat at the window of the Lonsdale Quay and watched a hundred gulls surfing the wind. They hovered in place, sometimes twisting and diving is response to air currents and shifts. It was a pleasant half hour.

Today, while Miranda napped and the husband went out for some quality Mother and Son time I caught another aerial ballet from the dining room window. Crows lifting and diving twisting and climbing in the sky. I caught myself wondering if they felt an exhilarating sense of freedom and joy in the dance or if they were riding the air in a bid for an adrenaline rush, to see just how far they could follow the currents before needing to twist out and regain control.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Yeah... I was so tired that I fell asleep at 8pm with the kids. My husband stayed up until midnight by himself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts