Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ecology Centre


Yesterday we went to the Lynn Valley Ecology Centre with our Sweet Pea group. The last time I'd been there was right after we'd moved here from Alberta. The park had changed a lot since. There's a snack bar/restaurant there now and we had lunch before heading over to the centre for some good ol' fashioned education.

I had visions of being able to take some excellent photographs that would be Etsy-worthy but with one thing and another I had few opportunities and all of them were filled with making sure The Peanut hadn't jumped off a cliff.

I did get the shot above for which I'm very grateful. I got lucky with the light and was at the right place at the right time. I'd like to go back and try for another when there's a sunny day.

As the program is geared to children 3 and up Miranda was one of the 5 who got to stay in the play area during the presentation. They had a lot of fun playing with animal toys, puppets, and other educational gew gaws and doo dads. Afterwards we went across the suspension bridge and I was able to take a few photographs.

2 comments:

krisijo said...

I love that picture, I wish I could get pictures like that!

TMCPhoto said...

Thanks Krisijo,

Right time, right place with camera handy plus three years intensive schooling in photography at Emily Carr and untold hours behind the camera at any and all locations.

Really if you're willing to take a bazillion images from every angle and then some you can get a great shot. The secret to photography is shoot shoot and shoot. Shoot every day, shoot a full roll of film or fill up a memory card each time. Out of every 200 images I shoot I use maybe 10.

You can do it! Let me know how you do.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts