Today is Pink Shirt Day in support of anti bullying. I'm a member of the Peanut's PAC and was so excited to hear about this project last year. The Peanut is in one of the younger classes at her school and was not a part of the video but as a member of the school's community I am so very proud of this project. Teaching our children to accept differences with an open heart is really high up on our lists of how we want to raise them. The stories of children ending their lives due to bullying, breaks my heart. Today I'm wearing pink to take a stand against bullying. Are you in?
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Total Pageviews
Popular Posts
-
When I'm looking for toys for the Peanut and the Bean I go out of my way to find playthings that are well made, educational, affordabl...
-
So I was doing my morning ritual of checking Etsy , the blog, facebook and twitter when it occurred to me that I must be nearing my first ...
-
One day while browsing through my blog list, I came across a tutorial on how to do a tutorial , this post was in support of a blog exchange ...
-
In two days at this time I will be getting ready to bring the Bean out. I'm not sure how sleep on Tuesday night is going to be, the adre...
-
but the little green mold spores all over the stroller that we've used to transport the Peanut and library books and groceries and art s...
-
The Bean was the topic of some mild twitter hoopla yesterday. You see, this year her hallowe'en costume was based on the adorable supe...
-
I'm not a fashionista (I've never been sure about that word) I don't wash my face on a daily basis, my hair is often left unbrus...
-
The Peanut loves wearing fairy wings, she'll drag them out of the dress up chest and put them on with mouse ears, ribbon tutus and most ...
-
The Spiral Dance was last night and I'm still processing. It was a great night full of magic and mystery and I'm so glad I went. My ...
-
So last winter, while searching for some unique items to gift our teenaged and young adult nephews I came across Holly Strate's shop; ...








2 comments:
I'm wearing pink! And very happy that my neice is now in a new school and actually happy to be going every day. No more bullying!
Rue I am so happy to hear about your niece. When I read about what she was going through I was shocked! A new school and a fresh start will be good for her. It's just too bad that she had to go through what she did.
Post a Comment