Sunday, February 8, 2009

purge

So we moved into the place we are in right now, almost a year ago. This time last year I was doing the same thing I'm doing right now, packing packing and packing.

Even with starting over a month in advance we still had things being tossed into boxes at the last minute. Once I had to unpack them, I had no idea what to do with the stuff that had been left over at the end of last years packing. I just wanted to toss the bulk of the flotsam into the recycling, nearest Sally Ann or the trash. all that stuff were the bits and pieces from the junk pile that inevitably piles up on the one counter in the kitchen, stacks of random little things that I didn't want to throw away but really didn't want to keep.

I'm a pack rat. I hoard little things because I might want to use them or I might need them sometime; and then I go through a purge stage where I get rid of things and there's always one thing that I find myself looking for a few months later because I have a use for it but it's gone and the whole hoarding thing becomes justified because of that one little thing I could have used but threw out,recycled or gave away.

This time around I'm going through and finding homes for the flotsam and jetsam that sneak into the usual places and if it's not in a home when I start packing, It's going. That's what I'm telling myself any way.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts