Monday, March 9, 2009

It's been two weeks

since the fire and a little over one week since we moved into our new place. The new surroundings are helping with the anxiety plus it's a whole different way of existing for us.

Gone are the days of the ten minute run to get a few groceries, or nipping around the corner to pick up a quick curry, greek, sushi, burger, pizza for dinner. I am now the wife who calls the husband at work to remind him to pick up some milk on the way home. I am in the burbs and I'm still not 100% sure where everything is.

I'm happy in the new place though. We have a yard and I was able to quickly run inside and get a dry pair of mitts for the snow sculptress, and again to bring out a carrot and two small pebbles from our fountain for the snow man, and one more time to get the camera to take a few pictures.

Snow? you ask. Yup, we had snow yesterday and through the night. It's almost gone now but Miranda was pleased to head outside for a few hours and repeat her favourite Charlie & Lola line: Snow is my favourite and my best!

Miranda is happy too. She likes to go into her room and close the door and she likes the pink tub and to look out the window in the living room. She also likes to watch the laundry go around and around in the front loading washer that came with the place too.

We're still settling and unpacking. I'm hoping that it'll all be completely back to normal before long. In the meantime I'm hoping to get back to more regular postings again. Watch this space for returning features soon

1 comment:

Faith said...

I hope things start to get back to normal soon! That's a lot of adjusting and recovering all at once.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts