Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Canada Day

and I'm doing laundry, changing the beds (the ones that aren't being slept in anyway) and getting ready to spend some time with friends at a BBQ later this afternoon.

I wanted to say that I love my country, I love that I am Canadian and that I know full well that we have a long road ahead of us before we can become as great as the potential within us hints at. We are a country built on diversity and tolerance but there are some of us who still hold tight to intolerance towards the aboriginals whose land this was before it was taken from them.

I have a First Nations friend who puts it best. Sonny is an amazing political artist and although I don't get as much face time with him (or many of my other arty friends for that matter) I always enjoy seeing what he's working on and hearing what he has to say. I invite you to click on the link to Sonny's blog.

1 comment:

jennohara said...

I didn't know you were a fellow Canadian! Happy Canada Day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts