Monday, February 7, 2011

I've been trying to get it together enough to write about the coming of the Bean but between getting acquainted with the Jelly Bean, making sure that our Peanut Butter Pie is feeling the love and recovering I've been very side tracked.

The Bean's birth story isn't a usual one. There's no water breaking, or contractions starting. No having to frantically track down the Husband to get to the hospital. We were scheduled to go into surgery at 8:30 so we had to be at the hospital at 6:30. I had pre-registered but we still had to go through some administration. We went up to the maternity floor where I peed in a cup, got a shave, and had three different nurses try to hook me up to an IV. I walked from the pre-op room into the operating room where the anaesthesiologist finally got the IV in and then successfully performed a spinal in record time with only a little bit of pain.

I was given two doses of adrenalin so that I wouldn't be sick during the operation and before I knew it I was listening to the Bean making her first sounds. My first look at her was watching the Doctor place her in the warming bed and the Husband going over to take her first pictures and update his status on facebook. I held her briefly before she went downstairs with her Daddy and I went into post-op recovery. We had her named in those few moments; unlike the Peanut who did not seem to fit any of our favorite name picks, the Bean suited the one we liked the best and we chose a middle name that fits her nick name and fits her like a glove.

Hearing her little voice gurgle through the amniotic fluid and then come out clear and strong was surreal. With the Peanut we were given a quick peak at her face before they took her out. The Bean was born behind the curtain and I wasn't able to hold her and feed her properly until I'd been in recovery for two hours. There were of course tears of complete joy when I first saw her and the shock of recognition too; with the exception of black hair instead of dark reddish and much chubbier cheeks the Bean and the Peanut are most definitely sisters. They look very much alike.

I'll be trying to post more frequently as time goes on. This week the Husband goes back to work and we head into a somewhat regular routine. I'm hoping to be able to get back into the swing of things soon.


Aunt Amelia's Attic said...


But please. No hero-ics, about getting back into "the swing of things." After all, life is very different, right now.

How can you aim for [or even dream of] getting into a smooth "swing of things"?

Not yet.

'Tis time to get as much rest as you can, while balancing a new-born and a wee one.


Let's not try for any "records" or anything. :-) I know, I sound like like an "Old Auntie." Well, of course I do. I am!

Please! Rest! Please!

Gentle hugs.......

faerwillow said...

~congrats my dear friend..a.nd welcome to the world dear little one...reguardless of her both are safe and she is here...may it be only a beautiful blissful life ahead for her...i hope you are soaking up each and every waking minute of your new wee little fast the time goes...the picture simply priceless...a precious moment that i long to have back!!! now mine seem oh so big...hehehe...all my best to you and your family...much love light and blessings always shining brightly upon you~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts